Thursday, January 12, 2012

Install NodeJS on CentOS

1. Install the CentOS development tools package – sudo yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
2. Install the Open SSL development package (This is required for Node.js to support HTTPS) – sudo yum install openssl-devel
3. Find a convenient place to download the Node.js package. I used the root directory – cd /root
4. Download the Node.js package (Check the Node.js site for the latest version) – wget http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.4.8.tar.gz
5. Unzip the downloaded Node.js package – gunzip node-v0.4.8.tar.gz
6. Unpack the contents of node-v0.4.8.tar – tar -xf node-v0.4.8.tar
7. Set 6. should have created a directory under the directory that you are currently in. In my case, I was in /root. CD into that directory – cd node-v0.4.8
8. Run configure – ./configure
9. Build Node.js – make
10. Install your Node.js build – make install

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of
your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!



my webpage :: pIt-37 ()